1. Facebook is testing a mobile ad network that will serve banner ads to Facebook users when they’re using third-party mobile apps or visiting certain websites. Some say this is the beginning of the much-rumored Facebook ad network.
2. Facebook will start charging marketers for posting consumer offers. The cost will vary depending on the size of a company’s Page, but will be at least $5. Ending the free ride for marketers and finally generating revenue is just another example of Facebook positioning itself as an ad network.
3. Mark Zuckerberg confirmed the company is working on a Facebook search engine. A global survey found Facebook could capture close to 50% of the global search market in a matter of years, giving Google a run for its money.
Get the dish on these Facebook announcements and more in our weekly roundup of the best Facebook marketing news and Facebook advertising tips of the week. Get these tips delivered every week to your inbox by signing up for our FREE Facebook Advanced Marketing Newsletter.
Facebook Marketing News – Best of the Week
How to Convert Facebook Fans Into Paying Customers, Entrepreneur
Many small-business owners are perplexed by all the fanfare surrounding Facebook marketing. Sure, they can see the return in terms of interactions and maybe even new fans from sharing videos, photos, questions and other content. But why invest all that time and energy in community-building efforts when the real goal is to sell? Consider these three steps when looking to convert Facebook fans into paying customers. >>Read More
Salesforce.com links up with Facebook for targeted ad delivery, Computer World
Facebook Best Practices
9 Facebook Marketing Tips to Improve Engagement, Social Media Examiner
Facebook Basics for Small Business, Small Business Computing
New Facebook Features
Facebook Expands Promoted Posts for Users Test, Web Pro News
Facebook to Charge for Posting Consumer Offers, WSJ Online
Other Facebook News
From Facebook Advanced
The Secret to Getting 10,000 Facebook Likes, Joel Bornzin
Facebook Marketing Intensive Workshop @ SMX East, from aimClear
October 1, 2012, New York City
From killer Facebook ads to essential organic community management tactics, this all-on intensive training will increase your confidence and ability to dominate the world’s largest social network like a true cutting-edge marketer. Seating is limited, so register now!
Facebook Success Summit 2012, from Social Media Examiner
October 2 – October 23, 2012, Online
This online conference features the world’s top Facebook marketing experts sharing their tips for helping your business quickly implement effective Facebook marketing strategies and tactics so you can gain more exposure, build a more loyal following and grow your business. Register early and get 50% off! Plus, win FREE tickets to Facebook Success Summit 2012.
Free Webinar: The Science of Facebook Marketing, HubSpot
October 4, 2012 @ 2 p.m. EST, Online
Interaction on Facebook is a science. In this webinar, HubSpot’s social media scientist, Dan Zarrella, will discuss the sociology of the Facebook community and the scientific way of leveraging marketing opportunities on Facebook. This webinar will cover:
- The behavior of demographic groups on Facebook
- The sociology of the Facebook community
- The difference between men and women’s interactions on Facebook
- Scientifically proven ways to get your content shared on Facebook
AllFacebook Marketing Conference, MediaBistro
December 4-5, 2012, New York City
Get an inside look at Facebook innovations and monetization issues impacting today’s top digital media and marketing experts. Packed with case studies and real-world perspectives, AllFacebook Marketing Conference offers attendees a deep analysis of the latest Facebook tools, apps, demographics, research and advertising trends. How are brands measuring ROI in the post-IPO Facebook? Are we entering an era of consolidation in the social media ad buying world? Register Early (before September 28) and SAVE with an Early Bird Discount!